Jan 20, 2022
In this episode, Dr. Jamal Watson sits down with Dr. Kevin James, president of Morris Brown College, to discuss the school’s remarkable transformation and its path toward accreditation again.
Tune in as Dr. James shares his “#hardreset” plan, advancing the brand and reputation of Morris Brown College through social media. Involved in all aspects of his school, from fundraising to facilities, listen in to the extraordinary turn-around Morris Brown College has made in just three short years thanks to alumni, volunteer faculty, and Dr. James at the helm.
- Dr. Kevin James’ journey to Morris Brown College
- The challenges facing Dr. James after being appointed president
- Why is Morris Brown College building a Hilton hotel?
- Restoring reputation through social media - #hardreset
- Plans for strategic growth in enrollment
- The path to accreditation and federal financial aid
- What makes Morris Brown alumni so special
“We didn't have resources. We lost our land. Morris Brown has been through so much in these last 20 years.”
“I use social media to say - don't listen to what I'm saying I want to do. But look at what we did today.”
Help spread the word and learn more about Morris Brown College at: morrisbrown.edu/
PRODUCTS / RESOURCES:
Visit the Diverse: Issues In Higher Education website: diverseeducation.com
Or follow us on social media:
In The Margins is produced by Diverse: Issues In Higher Education and edited by Instapodcasts (visit at instapodcasts.com)